50 Top Pizza Europe 2022:
Peppe Pizzeria in Paris has been named the Best Pizzeria in Europe.
In second place Fratelli Figurato in Madrid, in third 50 Kalò in London.
The exciting evening awards ceremony was presented in Milan by Federico Quaranta.
21 countries were represented. Spain and England with 5 venues each are the reigning European pizza countries, Italy excluded.
Peppe Pizzeria in Paris has done it again. It has been named the Best Pizzeria in Europe, excluding Italy, for the second year running. The result comes from data accumulated by the most influential pizza guide in the world, 50 Top Pizza. The news was announced yesterday evening at the Teatro San Babila in Milan. It was a resounding success for the Peppe Cutraro, the owner of Peppe Pizzeria, who also took home a special award, Pizza Maker of the Year 2022 – Ferrarelle Award.
In second place is Fratelli Figurato owned by Riccardo and Vittorio in Madrid. The third spot on the podium went to 50 Kalò London, the English pizzeria owned by Ciro Salvo, who also won the special award Made in Italy 2022 – Mammafiore Award.
In fourth place is the Danish pizzeria Bæst in Copenhagen who also won two special awards: Best Service 2022 – Goeldlin Award and Innovation and Sustainability 2022 – Ferrarelle Award. Fifth place was captured by yet another Spanish pizzeria in Barcelona, Sartoria Panatieri owned by Rafa Panatieri and Jorge Sastre. This establishment also won the special award Pizza of the Year 2022 – Latteria Sorrentina Award (Cantabrian anchovies, tomato, escarole and Kalama olive puree).
The special award Performance of the Year 2022 – Robo Award was won by La Balmesina, a Spanish pizzeria which also captured tenth place in the overall ranking giving Spain three spots in the Top Ten.
La Pizza è Bella Gourmet in Brussels landed in twelfth place in the ranking and also won the special award Best Pasta Omelette and Frying 2022 – Pastificio Di Martino Award. The Best Wine List 2022 – Prosecco DOC Award went to Forno d’Oro in Lisbon, which came in at sixteenth place in the ranking.
The Paris pizzeria 400° Laboratorio owned by Gennaro Nasti is in seventeenth position and captured the New Entry of the Year 2022 – Solania Award, and the Best Beer Service 2022 – Birrificio Fratelli Perrella Award went to the Futura Neapolitan Pizza pizzeria in Berlin, twenty-fifth in the ranking.
21 European countries were represented at the event, and Engand and Spain topped them all with 5 venues each in the final ranking. Spain managed to capture no less than three spots in the Top Ten. France, Denmark, Germany and Belgium had four pizzerias each in the ranking. As for the cities with the most venues in our guide, London has 5 while Copenhagen has 4.
Bæst in Copenhagen, Denmark and Sartoria Panatieri in Barcellona, Spain both received a Green Oven 2022, which certifies that they are pizzerias with high standards for environmental sustainability.
The first 25 positions in the 2022 European ranking have earned the right to be included in our 100 Best pizzerias in the world, which will be presented in Naples on September 7th at the Palazzo Reale.
“Finally holding the awards ceremony once again in person was simply fantastic – gush the 50 Top curators Barbara Guerra, Albert Sapere and Luciano Pignataro – It was a momentous occasion full of unity and cohesion for the pizza community on the Old Continent. We were particularly sorry to not have had our Russian and Ukrainian pizza maker friends with us at the event. To them we send a message of encouragement, support and solidarity for the tragic challenges that they are currently facing. We are already ready for our next important date, the presentation of the 2022 USA guide, which will be on June 14th at La Devozione in Chelsea Market in New York.”
Birrificio Fratelli Perrella, Consorzio di Tutela del Prosecco DOC, Ferrarelle, Goeldlin, Latteria Sorrentina, Mammafiore, Olitalia, Pastificio Di Martino, Robo 1938, Solania.
The following is the Complete Ranking for 50 Top Europe 2022:
- Peppe Pizzeria – Paris, Francia
- Fratelli Figurato – Madrid, Spain
- 50 Kalò London – London, England
- Bæst – Copenhagen, Denmark
- Sartoria Panatieri – Barcellona, Spain
- Via Toledo Enopizzeria – Vienna, Austria
- Pizza Zulù – Fürth, Germany
- La Piola Pizza – Brussels, Belgium
- Kytaly – Geneva, Switzerland
- La Balmesina – Barcellona, Spain
- nNea – Amsterdam, Netherlands
- La Pizza è Bella Gourmet – Brussels, Belgium
- Napoli on The Road – London, England
- Malafemmena – Berlin, Germany
- Pizzeria Luca – Copenhagen, Denmark
- Forno d’Oro – Lisbon, Portugal
- 400° Laboratorio – Paris, France
- L’Antica Pizzeria – London, England
- The Dough Bro – Galway, Ireland
- San Gennaro – Zurich, Switzerland
- ‘O Ver – London, England
- Forza – Helsinki, Finland
- Guillaume Grasso – Paris, France
- Surt – Copenhagen, Denmark
- Futura Neapolitan Pizza – Berlin, Germany
- Pizzeria Luca – Helsinki, Finland
- 60 Secondi Pizza Napoletana – Munich, Germany
- Ostro.– Gdańsk, Poland
- 450°C – Turku, Finland
- Ciao a Tutti– Warsaw, Poland
- Verace – Nova Gorica, Slovenia
- Marcella – Brussels, Belgium
- Belli di Mamma – Budapest, Hungary
- De Superette – Gent, Belgium
- Majstor I Margarita – Belgrade, Serbia
- Oro di Napoli – Santa Cruz de Tenerife, Spain
- Pietra – Belgrade, Serbia
- Cinquecento – London, England
- Casa Nostra – Munich, Germany
- IMperfetto – Puteaux, France
- Matto Napoletano – Skopje, Republic of North Macedonia
- Demaio – Bilbao, Spain
- Pop’s Pizza – Ljubljana, Slovenia
- Kaja Pizza Köök – Tallinn, Estonia
- Franko’s Pizza & Bar – Zagreb, Croatia
- Street Pizza – Riga, Latvia
- Zielona Górka – Pabianice, Poland
- Animaletto Pizza Bar – Bucarest, Romania
- Arte Bianca – Aljezur, Portugal
- Pizzeria MaMeMi – Copenhagen, Denmark
• Pizza Maker of the Year 2022 – Ferrarelle Award
Peppe Pizzeria – Paris, France
• Made in Italy 2022 – Mammafiore Award
50 Kalò London – London, England
• Best Service 2022 – Goeldlin Award
Bæst – Copenhagen, Denmark
• Innovation e Sustainability 2022 – Ferrarelle Award
Bæst – Copenhagen, Denmark
• Pizza of the Year 2022 – Latteria Sorrentina Award
Cantabrian anchovies, tomato, escarole and kalama olive puree
Sartoria Panatieri – Barcellona, Spain
• Performance of the Year 2022 – Robo Award
La Balmesina – Barcellona, Spain
• Best Pasta Omelette and Frying 2022 – Pastificio Di Martino Award
La Pizza è Bella Gourmet – Brussels, Belgium
• Best Wine List 2022 – Prosecco DOC Award
Forno d’Oro – Lisbon, Portugal
• New Entry of the Year 2022 – Solania Award
400° Laboratorio – Paris, France
• Best Beer Service 2022 – Birrificio Fratelli Perrella Award
Futura Neapolitan Pizza – Berlin, Germany
Green Oven 2022
• Sartoria Panatieri – Barcellona, Spain
• Bæst – Copenaghen, Denmark
50 Top Europe – Top in Country 2022
Top Pizzeria in France 2022 – Peppe Pizzeria, Paris
Top Pizzeria in Spain 2022 – Fratelli Figurato, Madrid
Top Pizzeria in England 2022 – 50 Kalò London, London
Top Pizzeria in Denmark 2022 – Bæst, Copenaghen
Top Pizzeria in Austria 2022 – Via Toledo Enopizzeria, Vienna
Top Pizzeria in Germany 2022 – Pizza Zulù, Fürth
Top Pizzeria in Belgium 2022 – La Piola Pizza, Brussels
Top Pizzeria in Switzerland 2022 – Kytaly, Geneva
Top Pizzeria in The Netherlands 2022 – nNea, Amsterdam
Top Pizzeria in Portugal 2022 – Forno d’Oro, Lisbon
Top Pizzeria in Ireland 2022 – The Dough Bros, Galway
Top Pizzeria in Finland 2022 – Forza, Helsinki
Top Pizzeria in Poland 2022 – Ostro., Gdańsk
Top Pizzeria in Slovenia 2022 – Verace, Nova Gorica
Top Pizzeria in Hungary 2022 – Belli di Mamma, Budapest
Top Pizzeria in Serbia 2022 – Majstor I Margarita, Belgrade
Top Pizzeria in Republic of North Macedonia 2022 – Matto Napoletano, Skopje
Top Pizzeria in Estonia 2022 – Kaja Pizza Köök, Tallinn
Top Pizzeria in Croatia 2022 – Franko’s Pizza & Bar, Zagreb
Top Pizzeria in Latvia 2022 – Street Pizza, Riga
Top Pizzeria in Romania 2022 – Animaletto Pizza Bar, Bucarest
As with all of the rankings under the 50 Top brand, 50 Top Europe 2022 is the result of an annual process carried out by inspectors which collaborate with this project and which have assessed an enormous number of pizzerias located throughout the entire European continent. In compliance with our policy, they always work under a strict guise of anonymity. The criteria for assessment encompass the overall attention given to the customer beginning, of course, with the quality of the products used.